10/28/2017

We went to Venice!

We went to Venice, Italy for six days. We saw lots of beautiful architecture, ate many delicious meals, visited a glass-making cooperative on Murano, visited Burano twice, took a gondola ride around the interior canal, stayed at a great hotel on the Grand Canal, went to the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, saw the Damien Hirst "Wreck of the Unbelievable" exhibit, and lots more!!! It was incredible!

We arrived at our hotel (Hotel dei Dragomanni) on a private water taxi from the airport.

Lenny and I are standing on the private balcony of their hotel suite, with a view of the Grand Canal.

I had a caprese salad at La Feluca

This is one of the amazing paintings at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection

I am standing next to The Angel of the City sculpture on the waterside plaza at Peggy Guggenheim Collection. 

I am standing by the Grand Canal at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection. 

This is our water taxi pilot and Brooke, one of my mentors. 

Brooke and I are walking down the canal in Burano.

We are riding to Burano on a water taxi. I feel astonished!

Our waiter showed us the special catch of the morning, which they baked in a mound of salt. 

The three-story demon at the Damien First installation, The Wreck of the Unbelievable, at Palazzo Grassi.

Hermaphrodite is in the Damien Hirst exhibit.
Andromeda is a huge sculpture by Damien Hirst.

This many-armed warrior is in the Damien Hirst show.

Medusa is a sculpture in jade at the Damien Hirst installation.

We are on the boat outside the Palazzo Grassi, in front of a huge sculpture.

We are taking a gondola ride around Venice. I feel laughter!

La Grillade couscous restaurant in Canal de Briare put my newspaper article on the wall. I feel proud!

We had a huge party for Lenny's 75th birthday and all his friends and family came!

Debra and Lenny and our friend Malek at the birthday party. 

Your friend, 

No comments:

Post a Comment